Patent Information Professional/Patent Searcher
||Research & Development
||Mechanics Physics / Mathematics Electronics
ASML is the world's leading provider of equipment and services for the semiconductor industry. ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services these advanced systems, which continue to help major semiconductor companies reduce the size and increase the functionality of semiconductors and consumer electronic equipment.
ASML’s Corporate Intellectual Property (CIP) department is responsible for maximizing ASML’s global intellectual property position to protect and support ASML’s business. In particular, the department strives to preserve freedom to operate for ASML and to establish and maintain a portfolio of patent rights. At the CIP department, about 60 people work over three offices to accomplish the above-stated mission.
Search, find, analyze and visualize all relevant information regarding patents and new technological developments.
You will be one of six Patent Searchers in the Search and Competitive Intelligence group at ASML’s CIP department. Your responsibilities are:
- Act as sparring partner for Patent Attorneys and other internal customers to identify which information need exists
- Conduct searches (novelty, validity, clearance, collection, portfolio), analyze and communicate findings in a complete and concise manner to customers
- Gather patent publications and other literature in technical fields that may be relevant to ASML’s technology
- Become information specialist in such technical fields and support and further develop ASML's Patent Rights Alert System
- Communicate with ASML’s engineers about relevant technological developments within the semiconductor (equipment) industry
MSc degree in technical science (preferably physics, mechanics, electronics or similar)
- Patent professional with 2-5 years of experience as a patent searcher
- Knowledge of semiconductor technology, specifically lithography, is considered an asset
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Pro-active and customer-friendly mindset
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Interest in legal aspects
- Strong English language skills, affinity with linguistics.
Context of the position
The Patent Searcher reports to the manager of the CIP Search & Competitive Intelligence group and interfaces with the Patent Attorneys, other members of the CIP organization, engineers and researchers.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.