Design Engineer (Opto) Mechanics
||Mechanical Engineering Design Engineering
||Mechanics Mechatronics Optics
Would you like to design, build and test mechanical systems related to high-tech products within complex (Opto) Mechanics related projects? Do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of creativity? Then get in contact already today, as this could be the ideal career step for you.
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer. All of the world’s top chipmakers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC use our technology, enabling the waves of innovation that help tackle the world’s toughest challenges. ASML has 19,000 employees worldwide. We are headquartered in Veldhoven (The Netherlands) and have over 60 offices in 16 countries.
As a Design Engineer in the department of Opto Mechanics, your mission is to make a positive impact on the entire company - you are working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path, dealing for instance with laser light generation, beam transport & positioning, plasma generation & energy control and pure EUV collection, reticle protection and imaging! That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback on job satisfaction. You have the possibility to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise in engineering on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to motivate and inspire others. In addition, because ASML projects are always multidisciplinary, you have the opportunity to develop new technical skills beyond you own area of expertise, this position offers plenty of 360º professional growth.
- Depending on your interests and exact landing spot, you contribute to the development of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), drawings, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical components or subsystems, eventually being responsible for the design and implementation of the specific mechanical functions of a specific module (in high vacuum environments).
- You are working together with the architect, lead engineer, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture & service systems.
- You are working on the design of one or more developments or issues, creating the designs with a small team of mechanical experts in a project setting and as a goal to continuously improve the quality.
- To achieve this you get to use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering, (Opto) Mechanics or (Opto) Mechatronics, or similar.
· are well educated in the application of precision mechanical construction principles
· have the ability to design concepts and have a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet the specified requirements
· have experience with 3D CAD modeling tools, preferably Siemens NX 7.5 or higher
· have experience in one or more of the below competences
o accurate positioning and adjusting
o advanced materials (tribology, outgassing, ceramics, glass, composites, coatings)
o design for particle free solutions
o dynamical behavior of mechanical systems
o fatigue of elastic elements
o joining technologies: fasteners, adhesives, welding, etc.
o laser technology
o light and stiff precision mechanical designing
o tribology, coatings, air bearings
o vacuum technology
You have high level technical skills with a pragmatic attitude. You are capable of thinking creatively, yet critically towards results. Someone with strong communicational skills describe you well, as do being a team player. Your English level is fluent.
Context of the position
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions.
Please add your CV and cover letter for this position to your application.