Lead Engineer Mechanical Development
||Mechanical Engineering Design Engineering Research & Development
||Mechanics Mechatronics Physics
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer.
Our Development and Engineering department defines, develops and realizes the industry-leading lithography systems ASML is famous for. Responding to customer needs, multi-disciplinary teams take ground-breaking ideas from customer goal through technical concept to working prototype.
All of the world’s top chipmakers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC use our technology, enabling the waves of innovation that help tackle the world’s toughest challenges.
Some people choose ASML so they can work at the very cutting edge of their technology field. For others, it’s the opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the brightest minds in their discipline. Some people choose ASML because there are so many different ways to develop their career, they can specialize technically, become a manager, or take on project management.
Everyone has a different reason to join. But everyone has the same reason to stay: teamwork.
Everyone is part of a multidisciplinary team. physicists, mechanical-, electrical- and chemical engineers, metrology experts and more – all working together in different teams to crack a particular challenge. Each team member brings a different set of skills to attack technical challenges from different angles. The result? Incredibly imaginative breakthroughs at the cutting edge of engineering. With each new breakthrough, the people at ASML feel proud. Proud of themselves and proud of their team. That’s why people choose ASML. And that’s why people stay.
As a lead engineer you have the opportunity to develop leading edge hardware solutions for the ASML products of the future. You will be part of a project team which delivers a functional product.
Your job is to define the requirements of the hardware part, explore feasible concepts and develop the best solution with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
Then, you work out the details with a team of engineers and finally you’ll deliver the complete design and technical product documentation.
You will work together with our suppliers to ensure that parts of high quality can be manufactured and validate that your design meets the requirements.
· You will be responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, working together with the architect, team lead and (junior) designers - to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems;
· You are a technical leader in defining solutions and guiding several engineers, as well as managing supplier feedback;
· You will be concerned with the correct application of mechanical construction principles;
· You realize the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests;
· You are responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service;
· You will give guidance to junior design engineers, in order for them to carry out their various tasks efficiently, furthermore – you give feedback on their performance when needed, in order for the engineers to grow.
· You participate in continuous improvement projects.
· Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
· You have at least five years of experience and understanding of (high-) precision mechanics and mechanical design principles;
· You have experience working in a demanding, complex technical multi-disciplinary environment;
· Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred.
· You have experience in taking the lead in Process-, Product- or People-management;
· You have the skills and experience to give technical direction in a team of designers;
· You have a strong drive to bring innovative ideas to the table, challenge ideas, discuss ideas and improve ideas;
· You thrive in an international multicultural setting;
· You are business fluent in English.
Be Part of ASML
At ASML you will get a career, not just a job. We strive to reward employees competitively and provide coaching, training and personal career development programs. Flexibility, enthusiasm, ambition and customer-orientation are essential criteria for any career path. If you meet these criteria, then there will be a world of opportunities open to you. Working at ASML means you're prepared to commit to everything you do, down to the nanometer.
At ASML you’ll get the freedom to explore, develop and share your thoughts. You will be working with a global network of peers. Our multicultural environment brings the whole world together in one place. We care about tolerance and diversity. A lot of attention is paid to vitality and working environment. You can assert your talent in one of the ASML sporting teams. Or be part of our communities like Young ASML, Woman@ASML or Seniors@ASML.
Compensation and benefits
High-quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build:
· 13th month payment
· 8% holiday allowance
· Profit sharing
· Share purchase, with 20% premium
· Reimbursement of external study
· Collective health insurance plan
· Pension scheme
· Commuting allowance
· Relocation expense reimbursement
· 40 days off: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
Please add your CV and cover letter for this position to your application.