Lead Engineer Opto Mechanics
||Mechanical Engineering Design Engineering
||Mechanics Mechatronics Optics
Are you an experienced Lead Engineer with Mechanics or Mechatronics background and eager to further develop yourself in multidisciplinary environment within a dedicated (Opto) Mechanics team to achieve breakthroughs? Then get in contact with us, as this could be the ideal career step for you.
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer. All of the world’s top chipmakers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC use our technology, enabling the waves of innovation that help tackle the world’s toughest challenges. ASML has 19,000 employees worldwide. We are headquartered in Veldhoven (The Netherlands) and have over 60 offices in 16 countries.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. For this sector we are looking for a Lead Engineer for the department of Opto Mechanics.
As a Lead Engineer in the department of Opto Mechanics, your mission is to make a positive impact on the entire company - you are working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path, dealing for instance with laser beam transport & focusing & positioning, plasma generation & energy control and pure EUV collection, reticle protection and imaging!
That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback on job satisfaction. You take the ownership in the mechanical development, qualification and integration of a (sub)module according to agreed requirements. Since ASML projects are always multidisciplinary, you have the opportunity to develop new skills beyond you own area of expertise, this position offers plenty of 360º professional growth.
- You are working on the design of one or more developments or issues, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting, focused on continuously improving quality of mechanical designs.
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, working together with the architect, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems in high vacuum environments.
- You are part of a technology competence improving the processes and having an impact on the company performance, specifying and designing the precision engineered parts for different (sub)systems of specific (sub)modules involved with the application of precision mechanical construction principles.
- You further realize the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests; design and realize test equipment and appliances and be responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out. In addition, you are accountable for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- To achieve this, you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective. You are contributing to the development of an advanced high-tech system, and getting in touch with every engineering process step. ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential offering individual performance & talent management.
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering, (Opto) Mechanics or (Opto) Mechatronics or similar.
• At least 7 years of relevant working experience
• Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred
• Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment
• Expert knowledge of precision engineering and in one or more of the below competences:
· accurate positioning and adjusting
· advanced materials (tribology, outgassing, ceramics, glass, composites, coatings)
· fatigue of elastic elements
· joining technologies: fasteners, adhesives, welding, etc.
· laser technology
· light and stiff precision mechanical designing
· tribology, coatings, air bearings
· vacuum technology
and preferably (some) experience in opto-mechanical projects
• Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills
• Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
• Pro-active, high drive attitude
• Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
• Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
• Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
• Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Eager to drive his own development.
• Show ownership to deliver a functioning module.
• Fluent in English
Context of the position
The Lead Engineer Mechanics reports to the Team Leader and Functional Architect.