Technical Application Manager for Engineering IT
ASML operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. Are you an Technical Application Manager who is able to deliver IT infrastructure solutions for our Engineering IT problems that are complex in nature.
The Technical Application Manager for Engineering IT Services will be working on projects as a technical expert or internal consultant. He or she must be able to provide technical leadership to cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation solutions into the ASML Engineering IT environment. He or she works in close cooperation with Domain Architects, Subject Matter Experts and Project Leads.When working as an Technical Application Manager for Engineering IT Services you will have the opportunity to support multidisciplinary teams:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Engineering processes.
- Translate Application and Business Process requirements into Engineering IT Infrastructure solutions.
- Drive and define IT internal standards and solutions supporting above.
- Realize the delivery of approved IT infrastructure projects/changes on time, according to agreed scope and within agreed timeframe.
You will be part of the CCP-EEI team consisting of more than 25 people.
- Act as an application/ infrastructure consultant for project requests that are in pre-demand/design phase.
- Make your colleagues aware about the IT infrastructure standards and help them to make use of those standards.
- Work in close cooperation with the Infra Coordinator to provide the low level design of the needed infrastructure (including associated costs and effort) to fit in the overall design.
- Manage the execution of the infra projects; assign tasks, set priorities, manage risks, solve problems and ensure the realization of the projects conform scope, time and budget.
- Plan the infra activities from both demand as well the supply side (available resources).
- Provide management summary of overall plan, any capacity exceptions, pending actions, follow-up activities and final resolutions.
- Act as an infrastructure technical project lead (subcontractor) for those projects that are executed under the governance of another competence center.
- Ensure the integration of the projects into the specific IT processes, including (security) policies, procedures, instructions, documentation and training in order to secure smooth handover to support.
- Communicate and align with the various IT departments within ASML about the changes/projects in order to set the right expectations, agree on down-time slots, etc.
Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology.
- 5-10 years of practical IT Infra experience.
- Broad knowledge of IT components and solutions as for instance Networking (Cisco, routers, F5), Linux (RedHat), Unix (Solaris), Windows (Server), NetApp storage, databases, identity management systems (Novell), Middleware (Tibco), security and others
- Good knowledge of IT workplace infrastructure: Office 365, Remote Workplace, Windows (Server 2016), VMware ESX, Microsoft SQL server/MySQL/Oracle, Active Directory, Citrix Xenapp/VDI
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL)
- Preferably experience in system implementation /change management within production -organizations and/ or eager to learn in this area.
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Change-management competencies.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is IT CCP (Competence Center Product); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT CCP supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The Technical Application Manager for Engineering IT Services will be active in the electrical engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager EEI of the IT CCP department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.