Metrology Software Architect
||Research & Development Information Technology
||Software Engineering Information Technology Computer Science
Do you want to play an important role in reshaping our software architecture to facilitate seamless implementation of the metrology functions in our software?
Do you want contribute to our highly advanced and extremely complex Metrology systems and push boundaries, set new standards and make the impossible, possible – every day?
Do you possess technical leadership and can you influence your stakeholders to deploy software architecture changes and development methods?
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy!
As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, ASML also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to design, realize and integrate high-quality software engineering solutions, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions. The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Breakdown complex software problems into implementable chunks
- Manage, collect and challenge software requirements
- Ensure and improve software quality
- Establish a long-term software vision and a short-term roadmap to reach it
- (Technically) lead a team of engineers and/or sub-function architects
- Look beyond the scope of your own software (cluster) and align on external interfaces and ASML-wide software concerns
- At a high-level, understand the scanner and its concepts, at a detailed level, understand the role your software plays in the scanner and the impact it has on the customer.
- Speak the language of the engineers as well as the language of 'functional designers', system engineering, marketing and customer support. Bridge the gap between them.
Master or PhD in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as an architect in software development in a multidisciplinary setting is required
- You have experience in leading a team
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns, model driven engineering and design
- Agile way of working
- Requirements engineering
- Knowledge of Software Version Control (Git, SVN, Rational ClearCase) is nice to have
- Coping with legacy software
- Preferably you have knowledge/experience of C / C++, MATLAB, Python, ASD/Dezyne and Linux.
ASML is a highly dynamic environment, which requires you to be a good communicator, team player, to take initiative and to be result oriented. You are a critical thinker and pay attention to every detail of your work and you leave no room for errors. You express creative and innovative thinking and get energy from pioneering new ground.
Context of the position
This position is within the Software Metrology Department, which is a part of the Sector Development & Engineering.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.