Solution Architect Workflow / BPM
Can you design the future of ASML in the area of workflow/BPM? We are looking for a solution architect that is able to sell and execute the workflow solutions.
You will ensure that the correct workflow solutions are chosen, in line with business and IT roadmaps.
Job DescriptionYou will ensure that the correct workflow solutions are chosen, in line with business and IT roadmaps.
As workflow solution architect you are responsible for the definition, communication and agreement on the workflow architecture principles within ASML. Workflow (WF) architecture covers the areas of SAP workflow, TIBCO BPM & other WF applications. You create the guidelines and standards to ensure that all applications and projects are developed based on the agreed architectural principles.As solution architect you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Shape and participate in the execution of solution related projects;
- Ensuring compliance of architecture principles, policies and standards during and the end of projects;
- Discuss requests from third party suppliers or other ASML IT projects to change workflow architectural standards, perform impact analyses;
Define and maintain architecture standards and services
- Creation and maintenance of workflow reference architectures: design directives, standards, solution building blocks;Define workflow architecture requirements and policies for third party suppliers and customers;
- Optimize existing solutions and services based on customer feedback (continuous improvement);
- Explore new use-cases with existing technology and services;
- Supervise and ensure that products used in architecture landscape are kept up to date;
- Drive cost optimization and transparency through optimizing or rationalizing the landscape.
- Define structural changes needed in the architecture, define and maintain migration strategies and relevant roadmaps towards the to be situation/future state, together with business and third party suppliers
- Identify (potential) issues in workflow solutions and liaise with service provider to initiate solutions
- Analyze and assess impact of (potential) ASML policy and strategy changes and translate into workflow architecture requirements.
Define new technology standards and future state
- Creation and maintenance of workflow services future roadmaps and strategies around a wide range of technologies and capabilities;
- Responsible for implementing the new technologies;
- Understand workflow/BPM trends in the broader industry and how those can be applied within ASML.
- Research, cost-justify and drive technological improvements against business requirements, strategies and map them to IT capabilities.
- Participate in evolving and influencing industry trends, technologies and innovation & architecture meetings with third party suppliers
- Ensure alignment of workflow/BPM with application, information and enterprise architecture and with ASML IT vision and objectives to assure overall fit & integration
Master degree or Bachelor degree in a technical area, computer science.
- Minimal 5 years professional experience with workflow/BPM architecture;
- Over 5 to 10 year IT experience in designing and implementing IT architectures in BPM/workflow in a large multi-national environment;
- Knowledge and certification of minimal Archimate 2.1 or willing to certify;
- Knowledge of and experience with IT architecture methodologies and processes (e.g. TOGAF) and service management methods and processes (ITIL)
- Knowledge of and experience with defining and implementing architecture requirements: performance, maintainability, extendibility, scalability, availability, security and accessibility
- Passionate about driving new technology solutions (change);
- Recognized industry expert with knowledge sharing mentality;
- Good communication and presentation skills (selling the solution);
- Team player with strong leadership skills;
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to write positional papers, white papers, policies, best practices and strategy documents;
- Is able to deliver high quality and value-added advices, based on accurate and objective interpretation of needs, of the internal and/or external stakeholders
- Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others.
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
- Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision.Stakeholder management- Align with Enterprise Architect on vision and strategy;
- Think cross solution within the workflow domain and support other IT solution architects;
- Timely and clear communication, share information and knowledge;
- Share responsibility and make use of expertise of others;
- Focus on targets and evaluate;
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub. A sub-department within the IT organization is the IT Competence Center Corporate. This competence center is responsible for innovation projects and changes in the IT systems supporting our corporate support organizations like Finance & Compliancy, HR and Enterprise Application Integration. The workflow/BPM expertise is also part of the Corporate Competence Center.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.Talent Exploration
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.