Customer Support Applications Senior Engineer
||Customer Support Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering
||Mechanics Physics Electronics
Are you a highly qualified expert in semiconductor process technology wanting to enhance customer satisfaction and influence new product development? This job enables you to enhance your career within ASML.
As a Senior Application Engineer in the Customer Support (CS) Applications Engineering department your main goal will be to have satisfied customers. You will achieve this through proactively providing customized applications solutions and creating value with ASML
products and services that enable our partners’ technology & manufacturing roadmaps. These partners will not just be global ASML customers that use ASML machines, but will also be other ASML departments. By leveraging your power of investigation and analytical skills, your experience in a manufacturing environment and your network of contacts within ASML, you’ll provide the consultancy services needed to fine tune the equipment and the process in order to obtain maximum performance. Apart from the technical focus, you’ll also be involved in developing junior engineers by actively guiding team members in their technical and soft skill growth.
You’ll be one of the key experts in the application team supporting two major consultancy roles. Firstly, in this position you’ll play a key role in creating tomorrow’s value through new product introductions, ensuring delivery of application and customer specific requirements, including
educating on-site service/support engineers about ASML’s new products.
You are one of the key interfaces, being able to oversee multiple competences supporting customer’s node transition from research into volume. As a highly skilled communicator, you’ll also be responsible for training the local organization to ensure our on-site engineers can provide
ongoing customer support. In particular, the introduction of next-generation lithography equipment will pose a significant challenge and learning curve. The job includes working together with various levels of internal ASML experts, such as Product Development Managers, System Engineers and Projects Leads in Veldhoven, as well as Application Managers in the field.
Secondly, you’ll lead engineers from your team to satisfy direct customer needs. You’ll steer them to make sure that our tools perform to their maximum capability, enabling customer to achieve their goals.
In addition to the responsibilities detailed above, we also expect you to:
• Run performance improvement projects in a complex environment with significant business impact in cooperation with customers and translating the results into improvement specifications for ASML’s development department
• Contribute your knowledge of customer technology requirements to new development projects
• Define supplemental and improved ways of working, and lead and drive towards solutions for structural issues
• Identify potential for revenue generation and promote/evaluate ASML solutions at the customer
• Drive implementation of the CS Applications Engineering community’s vision, mission & departmental initiatives
• Travel internationally (up to 30%) to provide tailor-made support to our customers
PhD or MSc in Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or a similar
· At least 5-7 years’ experience in an IC manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on lithography
· Experience in a commercial environment, university research group or research institute working on semiconductor manufacturing technology, preferably with experience in supporting readiness of a next technology node for high volume manufacturing.
· Experience in customer contact / customer service role.
· Proven track record in bringing projects to successful conclusions
• Combine leadership with excellent investigative and analytical skills to deliver timely, high-quality solutions
• Strong focus on customer intimacy and ability to manage customer relationships
• Empower team members by respecting and valuing them, sharing relevant information via open dialogue
• The ability to organize, initiate and drive, and influence based on inspiration, motivation and expertise
• Can manage projects on both detailed technical and high level abstraction level.
• The ability to clearly communicate your tailor-made message to various audiences in spoken & written English
Context of the position
You will be based in ASML HQ in the Netherlands and from there you will support our colleagues worldwide. ASML’s CS sector ensures that ASML’s customers are supported efficiently by providing knowledge/technical services to on-site personnel in countries such as USA, South Korea and Taiwan and undertaking specialist engineering work at customer sites. Within CS the
Applications Engineering department supports the effective use of ASML machines
in the customer’s production process.
As an Application Engineer, you will report directly to one of the CS Applications Engineering department group leaders.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a
stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.