ASML Software Graduate Program
||Software Engineering Computer Science Other- Technical
The ASML Software Graduate Program is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your software career. Join us after graduation and your first job will be in one of the most advanced software companies in the world, preparing you for a bright future!
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry.
We make machines that make chips; the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them.
At ASML, software engineers work in three different software expertise fields. Next to the embedded software that controls our machines, we also build pure software products – based on sophisticated simulations of our lithography systems – that help our customers to optimize chip designs for manufacturability. A third type of software, finally, is the glue between different machines: taking in measurements, calculating the necessary corrections and feeding them back to the lithography system to keep its performance stable.
We have an offer you can’t refuse:
- You will get a full-time paid job in one of our software departments in the Netherlands.
- ASML will invest in your hard skills and soft skills. Skills that will prove to be valuable for the
rest of your life.
- You will work within a highly complex environment alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers.
- Your onboarding starts with a 6.5 week training to prepare you for this first professional job in your career.
- The training will contain a combination of classroom lectures and hands-on work in some of our projects.
- The projects will enable you to experiment with the lessons learned in a safe environment.
- During the training you will be part of a class of 12 graduates from all over the world. You will collaborate closely together and who knows, maybe you’ll become friends for life!
- have graduated less than 1 year ago or are in your final year of study for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (BSc/MSc/B.Eng./M.Eng., PhD). You need to obtain your diploma before starting to work.
- have a technical field of study (such as Software Engineering, ICT, Computer Systems, Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Plasma Physics, Mathematics or similar)
- have a passion for engineering design and programming and are interested in working with large and complex systems.
- In ASML, we use the following traditional languages to build very complex software
from low level hardware drivers to high level system control and physical
modeling: C, C++ and Python.
Knowledge of some of the following would be preferred:
- Programming for operating systems Unix (Solaris), Linux (Oracle) or VxWorks
- Working with version control systems and code reviews (e.g. git, Bitbucket)
- Experience in network and framework security, motion control
- Usage of development tools for modelling and debugging (e.g. MATLAB, Valgrind , GDB)
- Ways of working in software development projects (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Testing and integration
- Model Driven Engineering
Context of the position
Did you know that ASML is one of the few companies in the world that can offer true end-to-end experience to full-stack professionals? Be part of progress and join us!
Apply directly online – send us your resume and motivation letter.