Upgrades Engineer Customer Support
||Customer Support EUV
||Mechanics Electronics Physics
WWithin ASML the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the departments within this group is CS EUV Upgrades. The CS EUV upgrades organization prepares and executes complex upgrades and activities on ASML systems which are located all around the globe.
As an upgrade engineer, you are the person executing upgrade activities (hard- and/or software) on an EUV system inside the customer fab. You will work with a small team of other engineers to make the entire upgrade a success.
As an engineer you are crucial to the success of an upgrade on an EUV system. You are the person on the front line to perform highly complex hard/software actions. On top of that you are an ambassador for ASML as you are working at our customers' sites around the globe.
Your effective execution of upgrade activities helps to get the system ready for production in the customer fab on-time and on-budget. You will be part of a hardworking, culturally diverse and driven team and contribute to the success criteria of ASML.
- As an ASML Upgrade Engineer you will be the person on the front line working on customer owned systems by executing hard/software upgrades.
- You will become an ASML ambassador at customer sites across the globe.
- Execute hardware installation and perform system setup for highly complex upgrade packages and difficult field swaps.
- Your “can-do, will-do” attitude will enable you - together with a team of ASML engineers - to overcome whatever obstacles get in your way.
- Provide feedback to improve cycle time and performance, utilize the zero error repeat concept during upgrade preparations and executions, and perform post upgrade recovery and analysis.
- You will be trained to gain in-depth knowledge of source and scanner modules.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to upgrade hardware installation in close cooperation with a generalist and coordinator.
- You are able to maintain and improve your personal upgrade skill level and general engineering knowledge.
- This position will require flexibility for intercontinental travelling (up to 70%) for upgrade implementation and support.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your hard- and soft skills.
- Bachelor (Mechatronics/Electronics/Physics preferred).
- Preferred additional knowledge: pneumatics and mechanics.
- High level of technical understanding and commitment to self-learning;
- Being open minded, team player and be able to use your own initiative (self-sufficient);
- Troubleshooting and solving system failures;
- Drive to achieve high quality of work;
- Acknowledge the need to work safe at all times according the local safety regulations;
- Ability to work in flexible shift patterns at the customer site;
- Experience in a customer support department for high tech products is a pre;
- Commitment to remain within the upgrade department for at least 3 years.
- Pro-active, self-driven, flexible, stress resistant and structured;
- Able to work independent as well as in a team;
- Communication and documentation skills in English (verbal & written) with focus on reporting, understanding, influencing and supporting;
- Technical and analytical skills with focus on hands-on and troubleshooting;
- Awareness of various cultural differences;
- Multitasker with the ability to work in different, difficult and challenging working environment around the globe;
- Team player who wants to commit to the success and growth of ASML and will help to guard the safety of the team;
- Sensitivity to customer concerns and willingness to see things from the point of the customer;
- Willing to explore the world and build the future.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.