Software Scrum Master
||Project Management Information Technology Design Engineering
||Software Engineering Information Technology
We are Applications - a new business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.Are you the software team lead who is eager to learn and apply agile principles to expand ASML’s fastest growing business? Do you consider yourself as a leader of a software team, responsible for realization of the associated software functionality?
Are you able to develop a team and coach team members in their professional development? If yes, we are looking forward for your application!
You are challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context. You are focused on and motivated by realizing business value. You’re passionate about driving a team to perform at its maximum potential via continuous improvement, including coaching people in their personal development. You have the required experience with Object Oriented software development to be able to guide the evolution of the YieldStar or LithoInsight software platform(s) part in your scope. You like working in an agile software development context using modern software technologies such as .NET or Java (Enterprise).
The context of this position is a function cluster as identified in the functional breakdown. Primary stakeholders are the project leaders, group leader, function cluster architects, software platform lead, and product integrator. It is essential that you get to know your internal customers who need your specific competence to create solutions in the scope of the function cluster.
You guide software realization using .NET or Java software technology and apply a scrum based, agile way of working. In addition you challenge and support the associated software technology roadmap and its updates. You will also take part in software development.
Furthermore, you take initiative in team development by means of sprint evaluation, quality monitoring (e.g. TICS compliance, definition of ready, definition of done), and participating in the platform level software development meeting. In the latter you represent your team’s stakes and team members’ needs.
By assisting the group leader in setting targets for team members and coaching them in their contribution and professional development, you co-develop team capability and competences of individual team members.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are crucial. You will work towards meeting and exceeding expectations and you are flexible. You are ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of our clients and be responsive, logical, and flexible. To achieve your mission, you initiate meetings to analyze issues and to support, steer, and plan solutions.
Success in this position enables ample opportunity to develop a career within ASML.
- Act as solution provider for the cluster’s software contribution
- Guide integration of the cluster software solutions in the platform
- As scrum master for the 6 to 10 FTE software team, lead the scrum process, including evaluation and continuous improvement (addressing impediments)
- Contribute to hands-on software development (Dutch: meewerkend voorman)
- Main point of contact regarding issues with the cluster’s software
- Maintain deal (handshake) with project leader and group leader on software plan
- Act as software group ambassador
- Support realization of the function road map
- Secure quality of team deliverables
- Coach team members
- Assessment of functional and integration risks
- Address and if necessary escalate bottlenecks
- Interface with vendors for off-the-shelf software products
BSc or MSc in computer science, mathematics, physics, mechanics, or electronics.
- 5 years in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
- Agile software development way of working, including pair programming
- Software engineering backround is a plus
- Technical background is a must have
- Experience as scrum master is a must have
- Team player
- Robust personality
- Independent way of working in our dynamic explorative environment
- Active listening, giving feedback
- Coaching abilities
- Able to initiate, influence, stir
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Knowledge of patterns and anti-patterns
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQOur selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.