C# Machine Software Developer
||Industrial Engineering Information Technology Design Engineering
||Electronics Software Engineering Information Technology
When people think ‘software’, they often think of companies like Google or Microsoft. Even though ASML is classified as a hardware company, we in fact have one of the world´s largest and most pioneering C# communities. The ASML C# environment is extremely attractive for prospective C# engineers because it, combines machine software development with the challenge to exceed what is physical possible. From steering hardware on a nanometer level, to developing algorithms to calculate the behavior of light and UI development.
The possibilities are endless. At ASML, our C# teams create and implement software designs that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, helping our customers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC make computer chips faster, smaller, and more efficiently. Here, we’re always pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We
are always looking for talented C# developers who know how to apply the latest .NET C# technologies, to join the teams responsible for creating software for high volume manufacturing automation in semiconductor fabs. Could this be your next job? Apply now!
You like to contribute to ASML’s fastest growing business by delivering solutions to complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort. In this position you are a member of the Machine Software group and in one of the Sensing or Motion teams. The teams address development of software that interacts with the hardware and creates the framework for moving and acquiring data.
In the scrum team you take initiative to address user stories in this scope. You are guided by the scrum master (team lead), function cluster architect, and product owner (project lead). Furthermore, you cooperate with other software team members, and involve Customer Support and Manufacturing representatives.
As a Software Developer you will act as fast learning software professional, and contribute to software realization using a disciplined agile/scrum based way of working. You apply software engineering practices such as requirements engineering (user story definition), object oriented analysis and design, implementation in C#, testing, and integration in the YieldStar software platform. You are eager to pick up knowledge on hardware like motion controllers or camera's, physics and mathematics and software architecture.
- Main ResponsibilitiesAct as scrum team member.
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership for feature/story based software engineering
- Align specifications with stakeholders in the function team and the software platform lead
- Secure both software and product quality
- Ensure adequate fit of software deliverables in the YieldStar software platform
- Software realization, including design, testing and documentation
- Act as buddy in pair-programming
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our Agile software development for the software department as a whole
BSc or MSc in computer science, informatics, mathematics, physics, or electronics.
- Object oriented software development. Experience with C#.NET is must
- Experience with Agile/scrum. Experience with pair programming is a pro
- Affinity with machine software (motion control or camera's)
- Team player. Candidate must be able to work in a cross-disciplinary scrum team in a dynamic product development environment
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
Context of the position
In order to contribute to the realization of new software functionality you will need to be able to assess, review, discuss and implement software designs. Actively seek interaction with your team members to review yours and others contributions to our software archive. You work closely with your peers:
- to create software solutions
- to decide on software implementation
- to participate in code, design and documentation reviews
- to perform pair programming and test driven development
- to test and integrate with the platform
From a project management perspective close cooperation with the software team leader is required to provide him with effort estimates for software plan creation and updates for progress reporting. You will interact with your Software group leader for coaching and personal development.
So, you’ve read the vacancy and are about to click the “apply for this job” button. That’s great! To make everything go as smoothly as possible, we would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the following tips from us.
Although you have the option to upload your Linkedin profile during the application process, we would like to ask you to upload a detailed CV and a personalized cover letter. Adding your Linkedin, Github, or any other relevant profile in your CV is always a good idea!
Before uploading your CV, can you please make sure that the following information is present:
- Short information about the company / sector/ domain / product.
- Context of the project (how big / complex were the projects / what were the goals).
- What was the size of the team / who was involved (think of developers, testers, architect, product owners, scrum master) / what was your role in the team.
- Which languages / tools / frameworks / versions (recent) were used during the project (full stack, server side, client side).
- In which projects an agile methodology was used.
- What were the results of the projects (as a team and individually) / your contribution and achievements.